I gladly offer this basic, 5-part series of photography lessons FOR FREE! Our world has become increasingly visual in the way we communicate. We not only take more pictures, we show them, send them and display them to more eyes than ever before. Wouldn't it be nice to capture and show better pictures?Also see TOM ANG on the rule of thirds and other compositional techniques.
In this series, I get us thinking about...
1. How to tell a story with our photographs by understanding the 4 dimensions associated with the art.
2. The basic elements of "composing" our photographic story. How do we put things in our viewfinders so people get the essence of that moment that inspired us.
3. Understanding exposure, light and color and how they combine to say what we want.
4. How lens choice and operation effects focus and how focus effects what we show in our photos
5. The people in our photographs and the people we are showing them to.